Sunday, September 23, 2012

Daily Ritual

A little over three years ago, when my life completely changed, and I do mean completely, doing a daily ritual kept me going. Some days when I was very ill my practice was simply lighting a candle with the prayer:

North, South
East and West
May all within the Circle of my heart Be Blessed.


It also corresponds beautifully with signing an equilateral cross from Third Eye to Heart Chakra to just above the left shoulder, then right shoulder, enclosing all four points with a deosil circle parallel before your body. End with hands clasped in prayer position over the Heart or Third Eye.

I list what I'm grateful for that day, opening my hands into an open V as I end my ritual with
So Mote it Be.

Teo Bishop's piece for the autumnal equinox in yesterday's Huffington Post describes the ease and benefits a daily ritual gives. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, and that you too experience the bright blessings of daily practice.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/teo-bishop/autumn-equinox-may-you-pray-with-a-good-fire_b_1903276.html

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. You are the winner of your choice of a copy of The Widow's Tale Illustrated, or A Very Merry Chase or Shadows In A Timeless Myth from the English History Authors anniversary contest. Please contact me at
    teresa AT spunsilk {DOT} com to let me know your choice of book and format.
    Thank you,
    Teresa Thomas Bohannon
    http://www.myladyweb.com

    ReplyDelete